Jefferson Springs Greenway Extension Construction
DISC GOLF and SHARP SPRINGS PARK USERS
Smyrna Parks and Recreation is excited to announce that construction on the Jefferson Springs Greenway Extension has begun!
Beginning Monday, April 23rd, portions of the disc golf course and Sharp Springs Park will be closed for greenway construction.
Holes 7-12 will be closed (other holes may be affected intermittently during the project)
Scope of work
- Establish 2 Trailheads, restroom facility at disc golf course, 2 parking lot expansions including Disc Golf parking lot, 1.4 miles greenway trail connecting Sharp Springs Park to Jefferson Springs Rec Area, utilities and signage
- Please respect the construction area and equipment while in the area
- Construction employees, equipment and trucks will be in the area during the project
- Alternate Parking for Disc Golf will be at Sage Hill Shelter
- For questions please call Smyrna Parks and Recreation office at 615-459-9773
The trail will connect to the existing greenway trail near disc golf hole #1. This greenway will connect Sharp Springs Park to the Jefferson Springs Recreation via a 12 foot wide asphalt trail. The upper parking lot at Jefferson Springs Recreation Area will be expanded and become an additional trailhead.
Please be aware of construction traffic during the project.
We hope everyone will be patient during this inconvenience while under construction. Click maps for larger views. Note: These large files may take a minute to load.